We left the kids with my parents in Draper and they had a really fun week with them. We then took a plane ride to New York and then to the UK. We flew all night and got no sleep. We landed in the UK Friday morning and met up with Jason and Danni. We headed to the hotel with luggage in tote. We couldn't check in until noon so we left the luggage at the hotel and went out to discover London.


This was the postage box.
Such a cool telephone booth that I had to pose for a picture.
The big red bus was a classic!
We just had to get a picture with the palace guard on horse back!
We were able to see the changing on the guard on horse back. Interesting but not very exciting. They just stood in this line for a long time and then about a dozen horses with guards trotted in and stood on the other side for a while. Then about half a dozen trotted to take their place as the new gaurd.
On our way back to the hotel we saw these palace guards. They all of the sudden began marching with very high knees up and down the sidewalk. We assumed they were getting their exercise.
Buckingham Palace was really neat to see. Of course we couldn't go past the gate but we did get our picture with this guard. They had guards dressed as toy soilders and guards dressed like this man. I think these were the "real" guards and the others were just for show. Just a guess..
After taking a much needed nap we ventured out back to the city. We had seen a theater earlier that was showing 39 Steps. It was an Alfred Hitchcock play with lots comedy. So we bought tickets and then found a restaurant close by.
We couldn't take pictures inside the theater so here is Jon outside. The play was good but we were still so tired so it was hard to stay awake.
5 comments:
It sure sounds facinating!!! So glad Christine was able to go with Jon on this trip. For one thing we get a better report on how it went and more pictures. It was sure fun to have your kids for the week too.
after reading all the posts all I can say is I am so jealous. I call dibs next time Jon has a cool work trip. The food all sounds good Becca would be in heaven with the art museums and chillin with the old local lady would have been fun
aaaaaah awesome, loving this trip. I feel like i"m leaving my life through you, love it!
Love your pics. Looks amazing!
It looks like you had an AMAZING time in the UK, and I have to admit, I'm mildly jealous too!! I've always wanted to travel to Europe, maybe some day we'll go. Sounds like you had such a fun time with Jon, thanks for posting the pics, fun to see!!
Post a Comment