Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun in Colorado

During the last week that Jon was in India we went to visit my sister RaQuelle in Fort Collins, Colorado. She moved there last summer and we hadn't had a chance to go visit yet, so it was a fun chance to go and see her. She has two really cute kids, Dawson and Sienna. And of course a husband that is super cool. I told Kellie I wanted to do something unique to Colorado...so she took us to the "Metal Zoo". OR that is what they call it anyway. It was super cool. Tons of objects made from metal.
One of my favorites was this metal rock band of dinos.

Travis got out the rock band and we all jammed out together.

We went to a super fun pool that had some really fun slides.

Bumper boats!! The boys loved this ride. They drove the boats on the water and squirted anyone in sight. Sienna didn't like it so much though....

Mini golf - it was so hot outside that we were dying, but it was still fun. I think Jocelyn and Dawson had the most fun by putting the balls down holes and watching them come out.

We went out to dinner and then did some shopping at the Old Town, I think is what they call it. The kids discovered this splash area and had a ball getting wet.

We spent a day at the Denver Zoo.
Kellie and Tayler and I also did some shopping one day and got some frozen yogurt afterwards. It was a fun vacation and I am glad that Tayler was able to come along.

2 comments:

RaQuelle Willey said...

We really did have fun didn't we?!!!
so glad you guys came to visit, I loved it! Can't wait for your next visit ;)

Garrett and Rebecca said...

that sounds like what we did when we were there last summer. it was fun. Now Dad is starting his own metal zoo in the Draper house backyard