So I have been training to run a half marathon since January. My mom and sister Jessica convinced Kellie and I to run it with them. So we have all been training and getting ready. Last weekend was the big day. I left the kids with Jon and headed to Utah. The day before the race we went to the Salt Palace to pick up our registration packets. Saturday morning we woke up bright and early at 4:30 AM. We took trax to Salt Lake and got there about 15 minutes before the race began. The race started at 7 AM. We didn't actually cross the start line til about 10 minutes later. On the bib number is an electronic chip that records when you start and finish. I ran the first mile or so with my mom and Kellie. Then Kellie and I picked up the pace a little and ran until mile 3. I then ran ahead until about mile 7. Then I had to use the potty and the porta potty lines that I had passed were enormous. So I decided to stop at a gas station. There were only about 3 people in line so I waited. Unfortunatly the guy in front of me took about 10 minutes so it used up about 15 minutes of my time. So I finished officially at 2 hours and 45 minutes. But I say I ran it in 2 1/2 minutes the potty break. There were some water stations every couple miles. So I would grab a cup and walk while I drank and then would run again. So I ran the whole thing (minus the drink breaks) and I felt really great. I had a lot of energy and although it was a challenge I felt very strong at the end.
Registration
We just got off trax!
Before the race.
We made it to Mile 1!
I finished!
After the race. Everyone did really great. Jessica is the faster runner out of us, and she took off in the beginning. Here knee had been bothering her though, and at about mile 3 she felt it roll and was in a lot of pain. So she slowed down and finished about 10 minutes after me. Kellie came in just after her. Mom came in after Kellie with Tayler running her in.
The whole group after the race. It was fun to see familiar faces after the run.
Registration
We just got off trax!
Before the race.
We made it to Mile 1!
I finished!
After the race. Everyone did really great. Jessica is the faster runner out of us, and she took off in the beginning. Here knee had been bothering her though, and at about mile 3 she felt it roll and was in a lot of pain. So she slowed down and finished about 10 minutes after me. Kellie came in just after her. Mom came in after Kellie with Tayler running her in.
The whole group after the race. It was fun to see familiar faces after the run.


5 comments:
I didn't realize you were doing the race here. I would have come to cheer you on! Oh well! I'm glad you all had such a fun time!
So glad we did it!!!! It made it all the better to have company, yeah!!!
I think it's so great that you 4 did that!
Congrats on running the half marathon! What an amazing accomplishment. Park City looked like a fun and well deserved break.
Love the energy you guys have! I'd want to go get food after a race like that and call it a day :) Way to go!
Post a Comment