For Memorial Day weekend we went camping with our good friends the Jensen's at Sheep Creek Lake. We found a great spot that we didn't have to share with any other campers. The boys were introduced to driving 4Wheelers!! They had so much fun and Jocelyn had just as much riding with them. It did snow the entire day on Saturday, but Sunday and Monday were beautiful. Check out all the fun times we had.
This is my favorite picture from the whole weekend. Heidi went through much pain and effort to get it, but it was worth it. We went to Browne Lake and the kids found a bridge. They have some great imaginations and had a blast playing with the sticks and making up games and adventures.
AJ and Lauren
Jocelyn had so much fun riding with AJ. It was so cute to see her hangin' onto AJ on the back of a 4wheeler.
The kids and I on the 4 wheeler.
Heidi had a great idea to play baseball. It was Peterson's VS Jensen's... we had a blast and even Jocelyn decided to get up to bat. She actually just played both teams, scoring lots of points cause nobody had the heart to tag her out.
Joc's birthday was actually on Saturday, May 29th. Since we had already celebrated with our families at the beginning of the month, we didn't have much planned. Heidi had made peanut butter bars and surprised Jocelyn with candles and a birthday song. It was fun and helped to make the day special. Not to mention they were delicious!!
We had so much fun mountain biking. The four adults took off for a fun bike ride while the kids played. I just got my bike at the end of last summer and hadn't ridden it much, so it was so much fun for me to put it to good use.
Jocelyn and I spent some time cuddling during the cold weather. It was really fun to just snuggle up with her by the fire.
Here is the group at the Ute Mountain Fire Lookout Tower. Jon and I took the 4 Wheeler and the rest crowded into the jeep.
Jon and I on the 4 wheeler
All the kiddos piled in the jeep. Jocelyn had a blast riding in the jeep and can you tell that she has been camping for a day or two? Is that the craziest hair or what?
All of my kids could not get enough of the 4 wheelers. They had SO much fun driving and riding.
I really don't know how to spell this word....BUT we had a ton of fun playing Washues. It is kind of like Horse Shoes but different. Jon actually got pretty good and was able to put Casey up for a challenge. I had beginners luck and placed the first three washers I threw in, after that it was usually just by chance that one ended in a hole.
This is my favorite picture from the whole weekend. Heidi went through much pain and effort to get it, but it was worth it. We went to Browne Lake and the kids found a bridge. They have some great imaginations and had a blast playing with the sticks and making up games and adventures.
AJ and Lauren
Jocelyn had so much fun riding with AJ. It was so cute to see her hangin' onto AJ on the back of a 4wheeler.
The kids and I on the 4 wheeler.
Heidi had a great idea to play baseball. It was Peterson's VS Jensen's... we had a blast and even Jocelyn decided to get up to bat. She actually just played both teams, scoring lots of points cause nobody had the heart to tag her out.
Joc's birthday was actually on Saturday, May 29th. Since we had already celebrated with our families at the beginning of the month, we didn't have much planned. Heidi had made peanut butter bars and surprised Jocelyn with candles and a birthday song. It was fun and helped to make the day special. Not to mention they were delicious!!
We had so much fun mountain biking. The four adults took off for a fun bike ride while the kids played. I just got my bike at the end of last summer and hadn't ridden it much, so it was so much fun for me to put it to good use.
Jocelyn and I spent some time cuddling during the cold weather. It was really fun to just snuggle up with her by the fire.
Here is the group at the Ute Mountain Fire Lookout Tower. Jon and I took the 4 Wheeler and the rest crowded into the jeep.
Jon and I on the 4 wheeler
All the kiddos piled in the jeep. Jocelyn had a blast riding in the jeep and can you tell that she has been camping for a day or two? Is that the craziest hair or what?
All of my kids could not get enough of the 4 wheelers. They had SO much fun driving and riding.
I really don't know how to spell this word....BUT we had a ton of fun playing Washues. It is kind of like Horse Shoes but different. Jon actually got pretty good and was able to put Casey up for a challenge. I had beginners luck and placed the first three washers I threw in, after that it was usually just by chance that one ended in a hole.

4 comments:
such a fun weekend! the only thing that would have made it better would have been being at home when we came to stalk you!
How fun, I love camping! You're kids are so cute!
what a blast, i'm totally jealous. Looks like you all had an amazing time. What a great way to kick off the summer.
Your kids have always been great campers!!!!! we sure had fun camping with you guys when we all went a couple summers ago!
Post a Comment