Sunday, May 23, 2010

Keith Young Memorial 5K Run

Yesterday I ran a 5K in Green River. It was the 2nd Annual Keith Young Memorial Run. It had so many people considering Green River is a small city. I started out the run without a partner. I then saw two girls that I work with at the Rec Center. I ran with them for a little while. Then my friend NyKelle caught up to me and we ran the rest of the way together. I placed 14th in my age division. According to NyKelle's chip that indicates her speed we ran 10 minute miles. Since my half marathon I have only ran one time and it was only ten minutes long. So it felt good to run again, but I was sure glad it wasn't 13 miles again.
If you can't tell, everyone is bundled up because it was snowing Saturday morning!

Here I am with Emma, Allisa, Suzy, and Katie.

Here I am with Katie, Rhonda, Allisa, Cassie, and Shandra. It was sure to fun to know a lot of people there. My family was there to meet me at the end. After we went home and I got a quick shower we headed to a lunch that was provided. We also stayed to see the awards.

4 comments:

Scott and Jess said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I haven't ran since the half.....just doing other workouts so I am VERY proud of you! I need to get my desire back to run, it has left me for the month!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Thats awesome!!!

RaQuelle Willey said...

fun that youve kept up with running

Bentley Bunch said...

Good job!!! So, now that the running bug has bit, what next?