Here is Evette entering the MTC.
Christine and Evette
A couple days before Evette left for the MTC we all gathered in the yard and sat on blankets and talked about memories. Mostly of Evette but we had lots of good stories and funny moments.Last weekend we went to Utah for Evette's Farewell. She did a great job and the chapel was packed!! They had to open up two curtains to allow for more people. They even had the stand filled with congregation. People were standing up along the back wall and lots were in the hallway. I guess Evette is one popular girl. They also had a homecoming that same day so there were people there from both families. My sister RaQuelle Willey and her kids Sienna and Dawson had traveled from Wisconsin to be there. It worked out perfectly and Jon had four days off. So I was able to stay in Utah with Jocelyn and Jon took the boys home. He made sure they got to school and their other various activities. He is a great dad and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be with Evette before she left for the MTC and to be with RaQuelle. We had so much fun!! We took Evette to the MTC on Wednesday. It was a strange feeling just leaving her there, but we knew she was in good hands. It was so endearing to see her hugging her family and crying. I think Austin and Jessica were the most emotional. Jessica is just older than Evette and Austin is just younger. So Evette is really close with both of them. I love my family and was so glad I was able to be with them at this time.
3 comments:
i love that picture of evette entering the mtc, so typical of her!
Such a fun week we had. So glad you stuck around to hang out with me. I bet you miss all my bugging now that were apart, don't ya :)
It was fun to see you again at the pageant! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment